Satchidananda Ashram YogaVille
ONLINE - LIVESTREAM
Yoga for Arthritis Level I Training with Dr. Moonaz
Yoga for Arthritis was developed by yoga researcher and arthritis expert Steffany Moonaz, PhD, along with an interdisciplinary team, including rheumatologists, psychologists, public health researchers and yoga therapists. Combining ancient yoga practices with modern medical knowledge, this program offers modifications to address the unique abilities and limitations of persons with arthritis. In a 7-year randomized clinical trial at Johns Hopkins University, the program’s participation was associated with improved arthritis symptoms, physical fitness, psychological functioning and quality of life. Such evidence is vital for bridging the integrative yoga world with medical healthcare, making these practices more accessible to those who really need them.
This training program trains yoga teachers to safely and effectively impart rigorously researched yoga practices, with individually-tailored modifications, to those with arthritis and related conditions. As a result of taking this Yoga for Arthritis teacher training program, participants will be able to:
- Become familiar with the most common arthritic conditions, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, psoriatic arthritis, etc.
- Understand joint anatomy and pathophysiology as related to arthritis in depth
- Offer modifications for joint limitations and chronic pain
- Teach Yoga for Arthritis classes in their communities
Work individually with arthritic clients of all ability levels
This Level I training is an online training with Dr. Moonaz. The main program sessions are live with trainer. The live sessions will be recorded and posted to the Online Programs access page if you are unable to join us live for that session.
The pre-course reading and digital materials will be emailed before the training through Yogaville.
After completing this Level I training, you are qualified to teach Yoga for Arthritis program. Also, you will be eligible to continue toward Yoga for Arthritis certification, which includes Level II mentorship & Level III training.
Prerequisite: 200 Hour Yoga Teacher training
- Yoga Alliance: 34 hrs (30 contact; 4 non-contact)
- IAYT: 34 hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA): can provide you a CE certificate with your program's total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members)
- Integral Yoga 300-hour: 34 hours towards RYT 500 designation
Tuition: $550 - $650 - Sliding Scale (pay what you can afford between $550-650).
Date & Time:
- November 2- December 7, 2020
- Live Sessions with Dr. Moonaz Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:30-8:30 PM EST
- No class on Wednesday, November 25