Yoga for Arthritis was developed by yoga researcher and arthritis expert Steffany Moonaz, PhD, along with an interdisciplinary team, including rheumatologists, psychologists, public health researchers and yoga therapists. Combining ancient yoga practices with modern medical knowledge, this program offers modifications to address the unique abilities and limitations of persons with arthritis. In a 7-year randomized clinical trial at Johns Hopkins University, the program’s participation was associated with improved arthritis symptoms, physical fitness, psychological functioning and quality of life. Such evidence is vital for bridging the integrative yoga world with medical healthcare, making these practices more accessible to those who really need them.
This training program trains yoga teachers to safely and effectively impart rigorously researched yoga practices, with individually-tailored modifications, to those with arthritis and related conditions. As a result of taking this Yoga for Arthritis teacher training program with Ann Swanson, participants will be able to:
- Become familiar with the most common arthritic conditions, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, psoriatic arthritis, etc.
- Understand joint anatomy and pathophysiology as related to arthritis in depth
- Offer modifications for joint limitations and chronic pain
- Teach Yoga for Arthritis classes in their communities
- Work individually with arthritic clients of all ability levels
Prerequisite: Yoga Teachers who have completed a 200 hr program or more
34 CE with Yoga Alliance
25 hr can also count toward Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy C-IAYT track
Early bird of $50 off ends (and balance due for those who made deposit) on March 10th, 2019.
Early bird registration perk will be offered until January 19th, 2019 which includes 1 year free Yoga for Arthritis membership.
$60 additional fee for materials.
Register with Ann Swanson, the instructor HERE.